New playground opened in 2008 - see NY Times article. Between the 1930's and the 1950s, playgrounds, a basketball court, and softball diamonds were constructed in east and south parts of the park. A 1989-90 project led to the construction of a pond and waterfall, and the installation of new play equipment, creating a picnic area, planting new trees, and rebuilding the ball fields. There is a farmers' market on Saturdays from April through mid-December, between 8:30 and 5 PM on the plaza at the 110th Street and Manhattan Avenue entrance. Bordered by Manhattan Avenue, Morningside Avenue, and Morningside Drive; access to the park is available at 113th Street and Manhattan Avenue, 114th Street and Morningside Avenue. Monuments raised in and around the park include Lafayette and Washington (1900) by Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi, the Carl Schurz Memorial (1913) by Karl Bitter and Henry Bacon, and the Seligman (bear and faun) Fountain (1914) by Edgar Walter. Level 4: Accessible playgrounds with Transfer Platforms and Ground Level Play Features. This playground has the following accessibility features: smooth surface, transfer platform.